Governors are the biggest volunteer force in the Country. Most people are eligible to be a school governor.
You can find out more about being a governor by reading the “Information for Governors” document below.
There are several routes you can follow to become a governor.
- If you have a particular school in mind register your interest with the headteacher at that school.
Parents of pupils at a school are eligible to be a parent governor.
However, you do not have to be a parent to be a governor.
- Most people are eligible to be a community governor. (Please read the ‘Eligibility to become a governor document‘ to make sure you are eligible to be a governor).
Either ask you local Headteacher if you can be considered to be coopted as a community governor or fill in the application form in this section. It can be emailed to us or you can print it off and send it to us.
Please download the following documents for guidance on becoming a governor.
- Application form to be a School Governor (printable and online version)
- Become a school governor (PDF,1870 KB)
- Eligibility to become a governor (284 KB)
- Governors' interests form