The School Organisation team is responsible for planning the efficient and effective supply of school provision to meet the strategic and local needs of the Education estate in response to changing demographic demand. They are the commissioner of school places and ensure that all associated statutory processes are followed.
The main roles of the team are:
- Developing strategies and detailed proposals for structural change to primary, secondary and specialist provision . These ensure sufficiency of provision, and also address any surplus places and resource issues that impact on school sustainability and continuous school improvement.
- Managing the consultation and statutory process in relation to proposals for structural change and ensuring that correct legal processes are followed, including submission of information to the LCC Executive Board.
- Supporting capital building programmes, such as Building Schools for the Future and Primary Capital Programme, and other developments in the school estate to ensure that they reflect changing demographic demand, and the current local and national agenda.
- Working closely with other partners such as School Improvement, SEN, Early Years, Estates Management and Extended Services, schools, elected members and parents to ensure a holistic approach to planning.
- Ensuring the authority meets it statutory duties to promote choice and diversity of provision.
Viv Buckland, School Access Service Manager
Information on current and recent proposals can be found through this link: Reviews & Consultation
Information on current pupil numbers and capacity can be found here: School Population Information
Interested in shaping the future of provision in your area? Please visit the New Schools Guidance page for information of Free Schools and Competitions.
A questionnaire to understand what is important to you in choosing a school is accessible from the 'applying for a school place' page. The results will be used to help us shape future provision.
Our Service Promise
To find out more about our service standards and what you can expect from us, please access any of the documents below:
If you have any comments or feedback about the content of these pages or the services we provide, please send them to us at: