The School Organisation Team is committed to ensuring that the population of Leeds is provided with the right number of school places, in the right location, and at the right time. As a major part of our duties, the team carries out a number of area-based reviews each year. Each review contains a detailed analysis of the area, considering the current and future demographics, new housing developments, the capacity of the schools, the condition and flexibility of school buildings, along with a large amount of other relevant data.
Many reviews are “desk-based” and conducted without any major change to the schools in an area, however, in a number of cases, a more formal process is required, involving consultation with colleagues, schools, pupils, parents and carers, councillors and the general public.
We are also heavily involved with securing funding for refurbishing or rebuilding schools. Below are links to documentation relating to some of the reviews and consultations that the School Organisation Team are or have been involved with:
- Six proposals for expansion of primary provision from September 2012.
A report on the outcome of the consultation will be considered by Leeds City Council's Executive Board on 30th March 2011. That report, the consultation responses, and copies of the consultation materials can all be found from the link above.
Following consultation, statutory notices have now been published for the following proposals:
- Increase primary provision in the Meanwood area, by changing the age range and expanding Carr Manor High School. Comments must be received by 4pm on Friday 27 May 2011.
- Expand Bracken Edge Primary School. Comments must be received by 4pm Tuesday 31 May 2011
- Expand Wykebeck Primary School. Comments must be recieved by 4pm Tuesday 31 May 2011.
- Increase primary provision in the Roundhay area, by changing the age range and expanding Roundhay School Technology and Language College using land off Elmete Lane. Comments must be received by 4pm on Friday 8th July 2011.
Details of how to make comments or objections are in the statutory notices, available on the link above. A final decision must be made within 2 months of the close of the notice period, and will be made the Leeds City Council's Executive Board.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact any member of the team on (0113) 2243867 or through our e-mail address: email@example.com.